Instructions for SC Dash Cams:
Ensure the camera is connected to a constant power source during the update process. Failure to do so could result in your unit becoming non-functional. Your vehicles cigarette lighter socket or a household outlet work best
Using the Drive Smarter App
- • Power up your camera by connecting to constant power source such as your vehicles CLA adapter or a household outlet.
- • When you Connect your camera, the app will check if a newer firmware update is available on the server.
- • Press ‘Download’ on the notification to download the latest Firmware.
- • Follow the instructions on the Drive Smarter Mobile Application. If successful, the camera’s LED’s will begin blinking while the firmware is being installed.
- • To check that the Firmware update was successful, you can check the ‘About’ screen in your camera’s settings menu
Using a Mac or PC
For optimal performance, check www.cobra.com periodically for software updates.
- • Connect the Dash Cam to your computer using the included USB to Micro-USB cable.
- • The camera will be listed in Windows Explorer/Finder.
- • Download the update file for your model and save it to your computer. It will end with “.bin” as the file extension. Note: You do not need to double click or open this file on the computer.
- • Copy/paste or drag the update file you downloaded .bin file into the root directory of the Camera’s SD Card.
- • Wait for the file to transfer and then safely disconnect the Dash Cam from the computer. The Dash Cam will turn off.
- • Plug the Micro USB cord into a reliable power source such as your home’s outlet or your vehicle’s CLA adapter. The Dash Cam will turn on and automatically boot into the Firmware Update Menu.
- • Follow the directions on the camera display to update firmware if the unit has one. Units without displays will update automatically.
- • You can check if your camera is up to date by checking the firmware in your camera’s ‘About’ setting submenu.