Warranty Info and Terms
Standard Limited Warranty Terms:
Cobra Electronics warrants your product against all defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase from COBRA direct to consumer sales or an authorized dealer. COBRA, at our sole discretion, will either repair or replace your product free of charge. This includes parts and labor, plus return shipping within the US.
What you must do to maintain and take advantage of this warranty:
- Provide a copy of the proof of purchase/receipt from COBRA or a COBRA Authorized dealer.
- Appropriately package and ship the product to the COBRA Service Center. COBRA will not pay shipping charges that you incur for sending your product to us. COBRA is not responsible for products lost in shipment between the consumer and our service center.
*Certain products that are “End of Life” or low stock items cannot be guaranteed of repair or replacement availability. In such cases, COBRA will, at our discretion, replace with a comparable model or refund your purchase.
Accessories packaged with each model carry a 1-year replacement warranty.
Accessories purchased separately carry a 1-year replacement warranty.
Service provided under this Agreement is contingent upon the proper use of the Product in an appropriate operating environment. COBRA reserves the right to refuse to perform Service where the Product has been altered, modified, or serviced by someone other than COBRA.
This warranty does NOT cover:
- Damage to the Product due to accident, neglect, misuse, fire, water, failure, damage or fluctuation of vehicles electrical system including but not limited to the battery, alternator, etc., damage resulting from batteries and/or accessories not manufactured by COBRA, or other attachments.
- Service which is required to comply with changes in the laws or regulations of any governmental body or agency.
- Service/repairs performed by personnel other than COBRA Service personnel.
- Service if your receipt or proof-of-purchase is from a non-authorized dealer or internet auction site including E-bay, U-bid, or other 3rd party Amazon or another non-authorized online reseller.
- Service if the serial number has been tampered with or is missing and the Product cannot be identified.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY: EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, YOU ARE ACQUIRING THE PRODUCT "AS IS" AND "WHERE IS", WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY. ESCORT SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE CONCERNING THE MERCHANTABILITY AND SUITABILITY OF THE PRODUCT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ESCORT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR MOUNTING OF THE PRODUCT.
**This Warranty gives you specific rights. You may have other legal rights, which vary, from state to state. The above limitations or exclusions shall be limited to the extent they violate the laws of any state.
*E-bay/Amazon Store Terms: Sales made via Cobra’s official e-Bay or Cobra’s Official Amazon stores are covered in the terms of this warranty. Our official e-Bay Store, designated by the red Cobra logo, is the only official e-Bay account for Cobra Electronics. No other e-Bay or Amazon 3rd party sales are covered. Warranty term lengths may vary for refurbished devices (see below). All products offered in our store are authentic Cobra products backed by our Limited Cobra Warranty.
- NEW items carry our full factory warranty as noted in the owner manual.
- All OPEN BOX items will have the same warranty and time frame as new COBRA items.
- REFURBISHED PRODUCTS are backed by our limited factory warranty as noted below:
- Refurbished Power Inverters: 6 Months (180 Days)
- Refurbished Radar Detectors: 6 Months (180 Days)
- Refurbished CB Radios: 1 Year
- Refurbished Marine: 1 Year
- Refurbished Dash Cameras: 6 Months (180 Days)
- ACCESSORIES packaged with each model or purchased separately will have a one-year factory warranty.