This update version fixes beep sound when it is disabled in the menu setting. Unzip the file to access the .bin firmware file.
- Turn off the dash cam.
- Connect the dash cam to the computer with the USB cable. Be sure to use the short data cable (not the long power cable).
- A menu should appear on the dash cam. Press the ENTER button (far right button) to choose "Connect to Computer".
- A USB symbol should appear on the dash cam and the computer should recognize the dash cam as a mass storage device.
- On the computer, open COMPUTER or MY COMPUTER and find the dash cam under "Devices with removeable storage".
- Double-click on the dash cam. You should see a folder called DCIM. Do not proceed unless you see the DCIM folder.
- Drag and drop the SD_CarDV.bin file onto the dash cam. Be sure to drop the file onto a blank area, do not drop the file onto the DCIM folder.
- Press and hold the power button in the upper-right corner to turn off the dash cam. Do not unplug the USB cable.
- Press the power button in the upper-right corner to turn the dash cam back on. An "Update Firmware" menu should appear.
- Press the ENTER button (far right button) to choose "Yes".
- The firmware will be updated, after which the dash cam will turn off.
- After the dash cam turns off, press the power button in the upper-right corner to turn it back on.
- You should again see the "Update Firmware" menu. Scroll down to "Delete" and press the ENTER button.
This completes the update. You may unplug the USB cable.