Cobra Electronics Announces General Availability of All-New, High Performance SPX Radar/Laser Detection Series
Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR), a leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today announced the general availability of the new Cobra SPX Radar/Laser Detection Series. Cobra’s newest line of powerful yet affordable detectors includes three models and delivers class-leading unprecedented performance and range, plus 360-degree protection from all radar and laser guns.
With more the 30 years’ experience as the industry leader in radar and laser detection, the SPX series sets a new price/performance benchmark with pricing that fits virtually every budget. All three models in the SPX series, the SPX 5300, SPX 5400 and SPX 5500, feature state-of-the-art technology, including military-grade components and the latest in circuit design — all packed in a compact and progressive design. The new lineup offers an array of advanced features designed to maximize performance, driver awareness, and immunity from detection.
“At Cobra, we pride ourselves on our long-standing reputation for constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation, price/performance and driver safety for our loyal customers, so we are pleased to announce the latest realization of those goals with the all-new SPX detector series,” said Sally Washlow, president of Cobra Electronics. “We believe all of our constantly expanding lineup of detector models help enhance driver situational awareness and ultimately driver safety, and the new SPX series achieves that with pricing, features and styling that bring these break-through new models with reach of just about every driver.”
The entire SPX series features a class-leading array of advanced features, including:
- POP Mode™ – Real-time detection of instant-on radar guns
- Auto Mute – Automatically mutes the alert tone for enhanced driver convenience
- LaserEye™– Provides 360-degree detection of laser signals
- Intellimute/Intellimute Pro® - Relative speed sensing auto-shutdown to render your detector undetectable
- Safety Alert® - Warns drivers of the presence of approaching emergency vehicles, railroad crossing, and road hazard locations
- VG-2 Alert® and Spectre Alert™ - Alerts the user when they are under surveillance of VG-2 radar detector and surveillance of Spectre I/IV+ radar detector
- VG-2 Undetectable and Spectre Undetectable – Provides complete immunity to VG-2 radar detectors and Spectre I radar detectors
- Ultrabright data display -Recognition of band detection by use of band identification icons
- Five-level signal strength meter – Provides relative proximity to the target and selectable city and highway modes
The SPX 5400 and SPX 5500 models come with Voice Alert for audio alerting, while the SPX 5500 features DigiView Data Display for bright, crisp display with easily recognizable digital text.
Pricing and Availability:
The SPX Radar line is available nationwide at Cobra.com and Amazon, Best Buy and Crutchfield for a retail price ranging from $99.95-149.95.